20th Sunday in Ordinary Time, 16th August 2020
St JOSEPH’S PASSIONIST CHURCH Site – www.stjoeparis.org
St Joseph’s Church – Health Alert:
This weekend we salute Mary on her Assumption in Heaven. The half-way mark of August is passed.
There is a very steep rise of COVID infection in France, including Paris. Your continuing good health and keeping people around you safe, increasingly concerns me. As well as praying for protection, at Saint Joseph’s I respectfully suggest that we all need to intensify our efforts to protect all who worship here.
A person with any concern about sharing in weekend Mass, should with a good conscience, take part in a Mass online or join in a less-crowded weekday Mass. Please do not put yourself at risk or those at home or who work with you.
St Joseph’s will continue a limited service for as long as the Bishop indicates that Mass with people present is to continue. All of us present at Mass are asked to take an active role in co-operation with ushers and priests there to help:
- Preregister for a Mass on www.stjoeparis.org
- Arrive before Mass starts
- People of same household may sit together
- A face covering required
- Hand sanitisers (foot pedal) at entrance and church door
- Sparing use of the toilets is requested to reduce risks
- Individuals please occupy a place for one person, which maximise number attending
- Fill seats from front of the church (nearest to Altar) to reduce contact with people passing your seat
- Exit after Mass from the back seat (glass doors); try not to congregate on parvis.
- Mass Offertory collection is as you exit after Mass. Your generosity is appreciated.
- Ushers can be more effective by your support
- Stewardship group every Saturday, does a thorough cleaning of the church, hall, toilets, public areas. Help with this service is welcome.
- Please keep in contact with www.stjoeparis for updates
Personal Note: I deeply regret the disruption caused by these essential requirements. Please, please pray that a.s.a.p. we will no longer need these and that all can be welcomed to God’s House in a safe way to His honour and glory and our sanctification. Aidan, C.P.
Weekend Mass from Sun. 6 Sept:
Saturday Vigil Mass: 6.30 p.m.
Sunday Morning: 10 am. & 12 noon
Sunday Evening Mass: 6.30 p.m.
Pre-registration to attend essential
Mass Collection: € 644,25; ADP € 277. Sincere thanks support for St Joseph’s.
St Joseph’s Masses in August 2020:
8.30 a.m. Mon – Fri [No prior contact]
11.00 a.m. Saturday [No prior contact]
6.30 p.m. Sat Vigil [Prior Registration] *
10.00 a.m. Sunday [PRIOR Registration] *
12.00 p.m. Sunday [PRIOR Registration] *
*Information re registration for Vigil Mass and two Sun Masses: www.stjoeparis.org
Confession: Sat 11.30 – 12.30 & 5 – 6 pm
Registration 2021 is open on website
19 Sept Confirmation Retreat at 10 am:
10 Oct CCD First Communions at 11 a.m.
11 Oct CCD/Marymount Confirmation 3 pm
Marymount 1st Communion; 17 Oct, 11a.m.
Summer Fair will be on Sunday, 27th Sept in St Joseph’s for our church. ‘International Food Fest’, Tombola, children’s games, other events will take place. Donation of Tombola prizes will be gratefully received. We can also welcome new parishioners.
Feasts: Mon: Wed: St John Eudes; Thurs: St Bernard; Fri: St Pius X; Sat: Queenship of Our Lady.
Full Bulletin resumes 6th September.