Calendar this week:
Monday to Friday: 8.30.a.m. Mass
Wed: Bible Study at 10.30 a.m.
Thurs: ACWO Potluck lunch in Hall at 12.00 noon.
Thurs: RCIA at 8 p.m.
Sat: 11.00 a.m. Mass
5.30 p.m. Rosary prayed
6.30 p.m. Vigil Mass
Sun: 9.30, 11, 12.30 & 6.30 p.m.
Sun: YAM Welcome Back 1.30 p.m.
Future Calendar January Dates:
Sun 20 Jan, 1.30: Baptism Preparation
Mon. 21st Pastoral Council, 7.30 pm
Wed. 23rd Bible Study at 10.30 a.m.
Sat. 26th Confirmation Retreat, S. Augustine – assemble St Joseph’s at 9 a.m. Retreat ends at 3 p.m. [Under review due to recent street protests.]
Sun. 27th Order of Malta Collection
St Patrick’s Passionist Province: Offertory collections at 4 Christmas Masses was for St Patrick’s Passionist Province. Total raised to date amounts to, 9,220.71. Sincere thanks on behalf of the Passionists for such giving.
Reading of Bible for Children during 9.30 a.m. Mass on top level: 2019: Jan. 13 & 27: Feb: 10 & 17; Mar 17 & 31 Apr: 7 & 14; May 12 & 26; June 16 & 30: contact Monique
Christian Unity Prayer from 18 – 25 Jan. We pray that Jesus’ plea for Unity be soon realised among all Christians.
Second Conversation between Laity and Passionist will take place at the parish meeting on Sunday, 17 Feb. at 1.30 pm. Among items will be:
- 150th Anniversary celebrations
- Future Passionist community at St Joseph’s – update
- Letter from previous meeting to the Passionist Provincial
- Parish Financial update
- Annual Lenten Project for 2019
- Items arising from the Pastoral Council meeting of 21 Jan
- Preparations for Mardi Gras on 2nd March in Hall at 7.30 p.m.
- Issues you may wish to raise
- Date of next Parish Meeting
Collections 6th January: €3,148.85; ADP €660; Mass 1 Jan: €1,153.16, La Quête; €27. With gratitude.